A blog with planning tips, fun new trends, and info related to Ethereal Events.
Photo by Barbie Hull
"Today I am marrying my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, and love."
~ Erin & Forrest Pangborn

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dear Wendi Wednesday...Children at Wedding?

Dear Wendi,

What is your advice on children being invited to the wedding? My venue has limited space, and we are already pushing the limits (and have to exclude some family/friends).We are considering messaging an "Adults only reception"... but I can see from online posts that there is a pretty nasty debate about this from both sides.Can you give your expert opinion?

Thank you,

B.R.


Hi B.R.,

This tends to be a very sensitive subject on both sides. You know your family and his, and know if feelings will get hurt beyond repair. If this is the case, I would avoid the conflict and welcome children with open arms. If not, having an adults only reception is very common, and completely appropriate. Your venue is not the most child friendly of venues. There are reception sites out there with additional rooms that can be used as kids rooms, stocked full of toys and movies, but yours is not one of them. I would word the invitation in a adult reception manner, and then prepare yourself that people may chose to bring their children anyway. Good Luck!

All the best,

Wendi

No comments: