Happy Holidays! I hope all your Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc. dreams have come true! For those of you who's dream of getting engaged over the holidays came true I'm here to help! Here are first of many tips to come!
10 Tips for Wedding Dress Shopping Success!
1. Always make an appointment at the dress shop beforehand!
2. Shop for your wedding gown SEPARATE from Bride's maid dresses. Shopping for both at the same time can be too overwhelming and does NOT give either shopping experience the value it deserves!
3. Wear or bring a strapless bar
4. Wear or bring heals with a comparable heel height to what you will wear on wedding day.
5. Shower and do your hair/makeup - when you try on dresses you will feel better in them if you like your hair and makeup that day!
6. Bring more than 1 person with you, especially if this person will like or hate everything you try on. Bringing someone whom you love their style/taste or has similar taste to you will really help. A 2nd set of great eyes will give you more confidence in your decision! If you have to - bring the people you love, whom you don't share taste, as your last option. They can make your decision harder or with out meaning to make you 2nd guess your self or not enjoy the experience at all. Surrounding yourself with positive people with great fashion sense will help you the most!
7. Try on dresses outside of your comfort zone. You never know what you will end up loving once it is on you. Have fun with this experience! After the wedding is over, you will wish you could go dress shopping again!
8. With that said, keep your wedding vision in mind - you don't want to end up with a dress that doesn't match your venue or formality of your wedding. For you I know you have a pretty clear idea of what you want and it really fits your whole vision, but don't rule anything out before at least trying it on!
9. Ask for a fabric swatch of the dresses you love and take pictures, if the shop will let you!
10. Bring a snack for in between appointments. Have everyone coming with you do the same! Dress shopping takes a lot of energy and time. It's important for all to become starving in the middle of the day!