A blog with planning tips, fun new trends, and info related to Ethereal Events.
Photo by Barbie Hull
"Today I am marrying my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, and love."
~ Erin & Forrest Pangborn

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Red Wine Be GONE!

Dear Wendi,

My wedding is coming up in a few weeks! I can hardly wait! I do have a concern as the day draws closer. My fiance and I are red wine and scotch drinkers. We are serving a variety of both at the bar. I am starting to worry someone will spill red wine on my dress. Is there something you can recommend if this does happen?

Thank you,

E.R. Woodinville, WA


Hi E.R.,

I'm so glad you asked this question! Spills and stains are a huge concern with most brides. But I promise, you have little to worry about! I have a couple of secret weapons to combat a red wine stain.
  1. Avoid serving or drinking red wine prior to the reception. The less possible contact the less likely you'll be spilled on.

  2. If you are spilled on, immediately poor white wine on the spot. It will neutralize the acid of the red and pull the red color out. You will still be wet in that spot, but the red will vanish.

  3. Lastly, I am a huge fan of a product called Wine Away. (You can find it in most grocery stores. I've had luck finding it at Albertson's and QFC. ) It works in a heart beat on all fabrics and leaves no trace behind. I have used it on silk, satin, french lace, duchess satin, you name it. I use it at weddings and at home. I absolutely love it. They don't pay me to say this. I just love how well it works! (Though, they should!)

*Every dress (wedding or not) is different, and will be effected by these products differently. To be safe, I would first try any of my suggestions on a small area (maybe near the bottom or underside) before using all over your wedding dress. I have had extremely positive results, but can't guarantee them for all.

Do you have a suggestion for getting stains out of a wedding dress? I'd love to hear them!

Happy Planning!

No comments: