A blog with planning tips, fun new trends, and info related to Ethereal Events.
Photo by Barbie Hull
"Today I am marrying my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, and love."
~ Erin & Forrest Pangborn

Monday, April 13, 2009

Mishap Monday - The Wedding Dress week 3

It is a common wedding dress mishap for Brides not to wear or bring wedding day undergarments and shoes to their fittings. This includes almost all things you will wear under you dress: bra, corset, petticoat, and shoes. Without these items it's difficult to get a custom fit. You are taking a chance that your dress could be too short, too long, too tight, too loose, etc.. Not what you want to find out last minute. (You don't need to worry about the exact panties, spanks or nylons, you're wearing on wedding day.)

An example that comes to mind is when I was fitted for my wedding dress. I didn't have the actual petticoat I planned on wearing wedding day. The gown was supposed to come back custom cut to my height and dimensions, which would eliminate alterations outside of the bustle. Awesome! When the gown came in, I couldn't remember which petticoat I had used when ordering the dress. The dress shop's loaner was different, and my gown looked as though it needed to be shortened. Not something I wanted to deal with. If I had brought in my own petticoat, I would have avoided the stress of the added expense and time factor of potentially needing to shorten my dress. Bringing in your own garments each time takes away the guess work associated with the fit. Fortunately for me, my gown didn't need shortened when I tried it with MY petticoat. At the final fitting it was perfect! I was lucky.

As a bride you have enough to worry about. This is a small way to eliminate a BIG stress.





Pictures by 1000 Words Photography

No comments: