A blog with planning tips, fun new trends, and info related to Ethereal Events.
Photo by Barbie Hull
"Today I am marrying my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, and love."
~ Erin & Forrest Pangborn

Monday, July 27, 2009

Mishap Monday - Who has the Hummer?

This week's mishap was a first for me! It unfortunately happened just last weekend to my fabulous couple.

Wedding Day was going perfectly for E & R! The ladies hair and make up ended early, breakfast and lunch had been delivered on time, and all the bridal party was there and having a great time. The warm and sunny weather glistening off the lake created the perfect backdrop for pictures!

The day was going flawlessly or so we thought...When it was time to for the Bride and Groom to leave the hotel for the church their car was no where to be found! It turns out the Best Man loaned their transportation to a "friend" of the Groom, and he was no where to be found, nor was he answering his cell phone! He and the Hummer were M.I.A.!

As any great coordinator would do, I calmly packed up the Bride, Groom and Best man into my car and raced them to the church. I must say it was a quite ride! There was little if any conversation to be had besides me making jokes and light hearted comments about how wonderfully the day was going! In the grand scheme of things, this was a very little hick up! I wanted everyone in my car to know this.

After the ceremony was over the Bride and Groom's Hummer was in place to take them to the reception and all was forgotten. The lesson to be learned from this mishap:

DON'T LOAN OUT THE BRIDE & GROOM'S TRANSPORTATION!!!

If you have a mishap to share I would love to hear about it! Write me an email wendi@etherealevents.com or leave me a comment. Have a great week!

No comments: