A blog with planning tips, fun new trends, and info related to Ethereal Events.
Photo by Barbie Hull
"Today I am marrying my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, and love."
~ Erin & Forrest Pangborn

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dear Wendi Wednesday...Who Knew There Were So Many Songs to Chose From?

This week's Dear Wendi Wednesday is again for all the men out there in need of some professional wedding help! I find that many of you are given the responsibility of finding the DJ or Band for your wedding. It is an important task, and should be done with careful thought and consideration. It does make or break your party!

After you successfully do so, there is always the task of giving the DJ the list of songs for the reception. I'm talking the "important event" songs, like first dance, cake cutting, etc. I am throwing all you men a bone here by giving you a "real" (not cheesy or over played lists you find after googling "popular first dance songs") list of popular songs for all of your important dances. Many of these have come from my past clients weddings, and are very personal to them. The songs are also interchangeable with other dances or events. It is completely up to you. If anyone has a favorite song they would like me to add to my list let me know! I would love more suggestions!



So, here you go:

First Dance Song
· “More Than Anyone” Gavin DeGraw
· “I’m Yours” Jason Mraz
· “You Say It Best” Allison Krauss
· “Beyond The Sea” Bobbie Darin
· “Our Love Is Here to Stay” Ella Fitzgerald
· “My Best Friend” Tim McGraw & Faith Hill

Father/Daughter Dance
· “Who I am” Jessica Andrews
· “ Unforgettable” Duo with Nate King and Natalie Cole
· “What a Wonderful World” Louis Armstrong

Mother/Son
· “Forever Young” Rod Stewart
· “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” Israel Kamakawiwo'ole or Louis Armstrong
· “The Way you Look Tonight” Frank Sinatra

Cake Cutting
· “Sugar, Sugar” Archies
· “When I’m 64” Beatles
· “The Best is Yet to Come” Frank Sinatra
· “When Did You Fall In Love with Me?” Chris Rice
· “Let’s Stay Together” Al Green

Bouquet Toss
· “Single Ladies” Beyonce
· “Girls, Girls, Girls” Beastie Boys
· “Wishin’ and Hopin’” Ani DeFranco

Garter
· “Let’s Get It on” Marvin Gaye
· “Sexual Healing” Marvin Gaye
· “Pour Some Sugar on Me” Death Leopard

Last Dance
· “Last Dance” Donna Summers
· “Save the Last Dance” Michael Buble
· “Piano Man” Billy Joel
· “Home” Michael Buble

Introduction to reception
· “Eye of the Tiger”
· College Fight Song

No comments: