A blog with planning tips, fun new trends, and info related to Ethereal Events.
Photo by Barbie Hull
"Today I am marrying my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, and love."
~ Erin & Forrest Pangborn

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dear Wendi Wednesday...This Months for the Boys

Dear Wendi Wednesday for the rest of month of June is being dedicated to all my male readers. I know how often you are forgotten during the wedding planning process. My next 3 Wednesday’s are dedicated solely to you! It is a small attempt to make up for the imbalance.

Dear Wendi,

My fiance and I are having an evening ceremony and reception. What is there for my grooms man and I to do on wedding day prior to the wedding?



- Bewildered Groom

Dear Bewildered Groom,

Thank you for the question. I actually get asked this quite a bit by both concerned brides and clueless grooms. Before making too many plans it is important to know what your wedding day schedule is going to be. Your wedding pictures usually start two to three hours prior to the ceremony start time. (So, if you are having a 6:00pm ceremony you would need to be dressed, ready, and on location at 2:30 or so.) With this in mind, I have a lot of ideas I recommend to my clients.

My first suggestion may sound a little odd to the men who do not consider themselves “metro sexual”, but it’s important. Male Grooming!

Take you and your grooms men to Flint Men's Grooming located in Bellevue for a few beers and a little pampering. They offer a number of services from massages to straight blade shaves and have a large selection of beers to choose from. They can provide a space you can all hang together. There is no risk of the dreaded cohabitation like all other salon/spas. It is men only!

A man and those closest to him should look and feel their best on wedding day. Yes, most of the attention will be on your beautiful bride, but all of her attention will be on you!
(Important to note: You should get your hair cut at least one week in advance, NOT the day of your wedding!)

My next suggestion after you're looking your best is go out and do something fun near by. You are lucky enough to be able to shower and dress in a relatively small amount of time. So, take advantage of it! Go boating, golfing, out to eat, etc.

Hotel 1000 has an amazing virtual golf club. Over the last few years my clients have really enjoyed it! You can have a private party or just hit a few rounds. There are two tee boxes that allow 4 golfers each, so reservations are a must. If you plan ahead the hotel can provide food and drinks for you to enjoy. It's a great way to spend time with your buddy's before your wedding festivities begin.

Lastly, I suggest if you are getting ready in a hotel, see what the hotel offers for entertainment. They may have a great restaurant, movie theater or know of something close by you can take advantage of. Wedding morning can be a high energy time, so if you have something fun planned it can help take your mind off all the excitement for a little while.

Most importantly, go enjoy time with those closest to you. Plan ahead so you are ready ON TIME!! Your wedding is the most important event on this day. Have fun, but always keep that in mind!

Have a suggestion for groom's activities on wedding day? I would love to hear it. Tell me what you did on wedding day.

No comments: